Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Sandals - The Good, The Bad and THE CHEESE

Davis and I spent the 4th of July at the Sandal's Dunn's River Villagio in Ochos Rios, Jamaica. Not very patriotic of us I know, but the wedding ate up most of our vacation time and I had a long weekend off of work. Here was our experience with Sandals:

The Good
  • Beautiful Beach
  • Amazing Pools - floats were aplenty!
  • Tasty Frozen Beverages - The Dirty Banana rocks
  • Very relaxing
  • The bed was very comfortable and the room was nice- we slept wonderful

The Bad

  • THE FOOD - I am admittedly a food snob but this was awful. I couldn't have stood it another day.

THE CHEESE

I cannot create a bulleted list that would justify the cheese. I have never been to a place that tries so hard to produce romance. Seriously, who wants to listen to Whitney Houston singing "I Will Always Love You" at 9:30 in the morning over breakfast. And I'm not talking about subtle music in the background. I mean blaring from Peavey's throughout the resort all day long. Whitney Houston, Luther Vandross, REO Speedwagon and the list goes on. I like a good classic REO Speedwagon every once and awhile but this was ridiculous.

I will have to say, overall, we enjoyed our vacation. It was much needed and very relaxing. We were complete bums the entire weekend and it was fabulous. I haven't been that lazy since college and I even came home with my own pale version of a tan!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You know you like Luther Vandross

The Fab Five said...

You made me laugh out loud.... I can just see Davis rocking out to love ballads in the am!!

Sanders Family said...

Yes, Sandals has definitely mastered the cheese. We went to Negril on our honeymoon. We have pictures of us at the bar in the pool and we are the only ones without 20 tattoos! It is one of those once in a lifetime places - you only need to go one time and that's enough!

The Fab Five said...

hey i changed my blog name